Intro to Buying
Create an account with Circle (first time bidders only). You can do that here and it includes reading through our terms of service. After you have an account you can register for the auctions you’re interested in bidding on here. Registration takes 3 minutes and includes entering your shipping and payment info. After your registration is approved you’ll receive an email that you’re ready to bid.
Our auctions take place online and are open for bidding for two weeks. At any point you can submit your highest bid for an item or wait until the final evening of the auction when bidding is most active.
In addition to bidding online, you can bid on the Circle App, or you can submit a bid by phone by giving us a ring at (913) 403-0032
An important note before bidding: Auction winners, in addition to their high bid amount, pay a Buyers Premium of 19% (this fee helps keeps the lights on at Circle). So if you’re the highest bidder at $2,000 of a beautiful Thomas Hart Benton lithograph, your invoice would be $2,380 after the buyers premium is included.
After you have bid on and won that delightful Lalique crystal vase (or whichever item makes your heart beat a little faster) payment is due within five business days of the auction. We’ll email you an invoice which includes your winning bids with buyers premium factored in. We accept cash, credit, debit, wire transfers, and certified checks.
Once your invoice is paid, winning bidders may pick up their items from Circle’s auction office during regular business hours. While we don’t offer in-house shipping (making it your responsibility to arrange shipment with a shipping company), we’ll happily guide you through the process. You can view more info on the shipping process and our list of recommended shippers here.
We also offer free item delivery within 20 miles of our offices for any item under 200 lbs.
Circle Auction Office: 901 Woodswether Rd, Kansas City, MO 64105
4. Pickup / Shipment
Buyer frequently ask questions
Do I need to register to bid in an auction?
Yes. Having auction participants register ensures all bidders are going to follow through with their bids should they win. Registration is quite a simple and quick process:
- Create an account with Circle (first-time bidders only). This process takes less than a minute.
- After you have an account you can register for the auctions you’re interested in bidding on here. Registration takes 3 minutes and includes entering your shipping and payment info.
- After your registration is approved, you’ll receive an email that you’re ready to bid.
If I have a question about an item, who do I contact?
We would love to help. Please email email@example.com with any questions. You may also reach us by phone at (913) 403-0032.
Can I see an item in person before bidding on it?
Yes. Every auction we host has an in-person preview a day or two before the auction closes. We encourage you to inspect in person any item you’re interested in bidding on. Our hours vary based on the auction, so please take a look at the specific auction page for preview hours.
I registered for an auction and was charged $1, why?
In order to make sure your credit card was entered correctly and is active, we pre-authorize your card. You will see the pre-authorization charge returned within 5 business days.
What is a Buyer's Premium?
Auction winners, in addition to their high bid amount, pay a Buyer’s Premium of 19% (this fee helps keep the lights on at Circle). So if you’re the highest bidder at $2,000 of a beautiful Thomas Hart Benton lithograph, your invoice would be $2,380 after the Buyer’s Premium is included. If you’re bidding on Circle auctions through the LiveAuctioneers or Invaluable platforms, the Buyer’s Premium is 28%.
How can I bid on an item?
- Bid Online – Visit our live catalog, register for the auction you are interested in, and place your bid.
- Bid on your smartphone – Circle has an iOS and an Android app. You can view individual auction catalogs, consign with us, register to bid, and bid in all of our auctions. Simply search “Circle Auction” in the app store.
- Place a Pre-Auction Bid – Log into our bidding platform and register for the selected auction. Once approved you will be able to submit a pre-bid.
- Bid by Phone – Please fill out our Telephone Bid form. Phone bids are best for customers who do not have internet access or the ability to bid online. Telephone bid forms should be submitted at least 48 hours prior to the auction. When we receive your form we will call you to register you for the auction and verify your payment method. We will call you prior to the start of items you are interested in and communicate the current asking price to you. You will have the chance to bid or pass. If you bid by phone you are bound by the same terms and conditions as online sales.
I was the highest bidder, how do I pay?
After the auction is closed you will receive an invoice for your purchase. All invoices must be paid within 5 days of the auction’s closing per our auction terms and conditions.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards through our online bidding platforms. If you are paying by check, cash, money order, or wire transfer you will need to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to make paying for your items as easy as possible.
I am having issues paying my invoice, who can I talk to?
Please email email@example.com or call our office at (913) 403-0032. We can help walk you through the process or troubleshoot if needed.
Can I pick up my item in person?
Yes, local pickup is available from our auction offices. Items can be picked up between the hours of 10am and 4pm the week after the auction closes. To schedule a pickup time, please call (913) 403-0032 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, all items must be paid in full prior to pickup.
What about shipping?
While Circle does not directly provide shipping services, we have shipping partners that we work with regularly. If you are the high bidder on an item we are happy to help connect you with one of our shipping providers.
In addition to shipping your item(s), you have the following options to receive your purchase:
- Local Pickup: You may pick up your item from our headquarters in the West Bottoms Monday-Friday from between the hours of 9am and 5pm. Items should be picked up within 5 days of the auction close. Please indicate “Warehouse Pickup” on your post auction form.
- Local Delivery: Circle offers free local delivery of your items within a 20-mile radius of our office. This applies to any item under 200 lbs. (Email us for a delivery quote for larger items or if you’re outside our free delivery area. Typically local deliveries are made on a single day within 10 days of the auction close. All invoices must be paid within 3 days of the auction in order to take advantage of local delivery.
What is your return policy?
All sales are final. We strongly encourage you to visit us on our preview day to inspect the item you intend to bid on prior to bidding. If you are unable to attend the preview we are glad to provide additional photos or answer any questions you may have. Please email email@example.com to request more information.
We do not warranty the title of each lot presented in our auctions. Please see the below excerpt from our terms and conditions for more information. We strongly encourage you to read our full Terms and Conditions prior to bidding.
“Neither Circle nor its seller(s) make any representation or warranty, either express or implied, as to the description, quality, authenticity, period, source, or significance of any lot sold, except as to warranty of title. No statements by Circle, its agents, representatives or employees, whether in writing or spoken orally, shall create any representation, warranty or assumption of liability, nor that the winning bidder will receive any reproduction rights or copyrights to lots they purchased. Circle retains and reserves the rights to reproduce photography of lots sold.”
July Modern + Contemporary: Art & Design Auction
Modern + Contemporary Art & Design - JulyNow Accepting Consignments First Time BiddersIf you have never bid in one of our auction before, welcome! We've put a brief Intro Guide to walk you through the process and answer any of your questions.Free DeliveryFree home...